Thursday, January 17, 2013

Henry the VIII and other things...

Lately I have realized how much what I am watching on DVD while I work on my jewelry pieces affects the overall outcome of what I create...case in point...for the last month or so I have been re-watching all four seasons of The Tudors
and have found myself adding more and more ornate bead embroidery to my Ladies. When I play the "if I had my life to do over again" game in my head I always come to the realization that my dream job would have been doing something in a costume designers shop....not necessarily the actually designing but more like the embellishing detail work that make the garments come to life.
The first time I saw the Broadway show "Wicked" I ended up in a seat to the side in the very front row with my knees and nose practically pressed onto the stage. Now this was not the best seat if you wanted to see the entire production that was on stage but it was the perfect seat to see all of the fabulous costumes and intricate details that went into making said costumes...I was in heaven....the show was wonderful and eventually we went back to see it again, this time from the upper lodge and I was able to take in the whole of the scenery and the really see Elpheba fly....but I was never so happy as to be able to see the costumes up close and personal at that first performance!
What the upshot of today's ramblings is that you never know what will influence your creativity....my suggestion is to be open to it all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment