Friday, January 11, 2013

Feeling a little Mid Century Modern

For the past few months my husband and I have been on a quest for a retro/vintage HiFi ala Rob and Laura Petrie
We were searching for a very specific look....warm oak or maple with fabric or woven wood panels covering the speakers...preferably slide top with storage space for albums..of course it had to work and have an excellent sound and we had be within our budget which was between $100 and $150. We finally located one on the everloving Central Jersey Craigslist site...and wonder of wonders it was in our township!! The couple we bought if from were lovely and had taken such very good care of their 1967 Magnavox HiFi/stereo...they even had the original receipt!
So slowly but surely we are finding the pieces to give our living room the Mid Century Modern vibe we have come to love....oh how I wish I still had some of the pieces from my childhood living room but the hunt for them is most of the fun!

2 comments:

  1. What a find! That look hits me right in the childhood too, Lo, the days of big console television sets (with 4 channels and rabbit ears), and ceramic ashtrays on every coffee table.

    ReplyDelete