Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Aftermath


Well the storm has come and gone and we were very lucky....just a ton of downed oak tree branches and a soggy sunporch...power was only out for about 10 hours which is nothing compared to some including my son and daughter-in-law who as of this morning are still without power but pushing through!! Boy is Mother Nature on a rampage...first the earthquake and then Irene.... so very unusual for the NE....but today is a gorgeous day....branches are all gone and the sunporch is drying out! Last week I bought a ton of new botanic beads and of course I had to start playing with them right away! The flower in this piece is actually 3 layers of Vintage Meadow Artworks striated acrylic flowers. I am also incorporating a vintage rhinestone spider pin and a pair of vintage rhinestone earrings along with a raku face cabochon that I picked up a bead show last year and of course some Swarovski sparkle!!! These LadyOfInfiniteSparkle pieces are addicting and enticing! I start with components that seem to want to go together....position them on the cloth....walk away...come back...reposition them....sew something down....reposition....sew something else down....walk away....unsew something.....root around in the bead stash for that thing that is lacking...walk away again...then suddenly a Lady is created!!! I will post more pictures of her as I go along to give an idea of my process.



No comments:

Post a Comment